There are very few people in this world and especially Bharatwasis who got darshan of Bhagwan Krishna personally. We have listed historical incidents of all such people in series of such posts. This is also one of the living proof that Krishna is supreme God of this endless and eternal universe and everything beyond or within it.
Sweet-Maker Met Bhagwan Krishna Personally
How Halwai Met Bhagwan Krishna (Real Incident)
Mira Bai explained that only name of Lord Krishnais true name rest are materialistic
Mira Bhajan Explained:
- Hereafter, the name of Lord Krishna is my only obligation, nothing else.
- I have renounced all my close relatives like father, mother and brother. Now I keep the company of saints day and night. I do not care about any gossip this generates.
- My heart rejoices at the sight of a saint but feels dejected with the worldly people. I am in deep love with the Lord to whom I offer a necklace of pearls …. tears of Love and Joy.
- Along the way, I come across many saints who bless me with a vision for Spirituality. I bow to them with gratitude …. after all they are the ones through whom I connect to Lord Krishna.
- I now conclude that surrendering to real saints (i.e. the Lord) is my destination. It is no longer necessary to wander from place to place for happiness …. all I need to do is to settle down at one place, relax and enjoy my life as directed by the Lord. Even though, I do not bother anyone, the materialistic world continues to place hurdles in my sadhana. However, nothing deters me anymore. I am more and more absorbed in my own Self. (Rana, a close relative, sent some poison so she could end her life and stop being an embarrassment to the family. With full knowledge that the drink was life-threatening, she consumed it without any hesitation. Surprisingly, nothing happened to her. This reinforced her conviction in what she was doing, i.e. pursuit of Spirituality and surrendering to the Lord.)
- The matter of my spiritual passion is no longer a secret. Everyone knows that I am devoted to serve my master, Lord Krishna without any fear of consequences. I no longer care of what others talk about me …. I am sure that my path leads to the Ultimate.
Sometimes Bihariji shows his kripa on his devotees even by offering his jewellery. This is another such experience of a bhakt who was a halwai opposite to Bihariji’s mandir. Every day he would go home late after the shayan aarti when Bihariji is put to sleep. Some 60 years ago very few people used to go to Vrindavan. As soon as the last aarti used to be over there would be absolute silence and not a single person was seen within minutes. All the shops used to be closed too within a short time. The halwais however wee the last to go home as they had to wash their utensils in which they had boiled the milk which was a delicacy of the people visiting the temple. One evening when the halwai was busy with his hands making laddoos, he suddenly saw a boy of about 7 years of age coming towards his shop. The boy was dressed up as though he was a son of a rich merchant. There was something unusual about him which he could not make out at that time. All he felt was that this little boy was very charming who enchanted him.
[ Gita in Hindi – Click on the link for Complete Srimad Bhagwad Geeta in Hindi ]
He looked up and said Lala what do you want? The boy pointed his fingers towards the laddoos he was making and said bhaiya can you give me some laddoos? The halwai was so charmed by this little boy and handed him laddoos and jokingly said where is the money? The little boy looked at him closing his eyes and then said here you take this. Before the halwai could see what he gave him, the boy vanished in the dark night. The halwai was astonished to see that he had handed him a very valuable bangle, a kangan. The halwai asked his servants to look for the boy so that he could return it back to him but he was nowhere to be seen. The halwai was already getting late to go home and he thought may be he was the son of rich devotees. He hoped that his parents will enquire about the valuable kangan and he will bring them to his shop and he will return it back to them. He was wishing and praying that he would come again so that he could see his charming face again.
Next morning he came to his shop at his usual time. After doing his pooja in the shop he was waiting for customers to take sweets from his shop. The bhandari of the mandir who was very jovial and chirpy by nature came with a long worried look. The halwai asked him, what’s the matter and he replied I don’t know how any one is capable of stealing Bihariji’s kangan. Actually this bhandari was on duty as a security person. When the mandir opened, gosainji found that one of the kangan was missing. The bhandari was being blamed for lack of responsibility. When he was narrating his story the halwai who had tears in his eyes started sobbing. The bhandari was now surprised as to why he was crying and asked him what the matter was. The halwai in a voice choked with love came into a devotional state and in a faltering language tried to tell him something but was unable to speak. The bhandari got worried and thought that the halwai is having a serious problem pertaining to his health. However in a few minutes the halwai became normal and took out the kangan from his money box and asked if it was the same kangan he was talking about. The bhandari was only too pleased to find the kangan back and asked him how he got it. The halwai told the bhandari all that had happened the previous evening with tears in his eyes that he failed to recognise Bihariji who had come to his shop asking him to give him laddoos. However he felt blessed that Bihariji out of all other sweet meat shops had come to his shop to bless him.
Its Lord Krishna Who Selects His Bhakt. His Bhakts Should Never Feel Pride of Being Chosen One.
source: historic incident