There is no modern medicine or potion available in the world that can help you in controlling anger. There is no process to make you master in managing your thoughts when provoked. Scientists are still working on them unsuccessfully till date.
But Vedic mantras has a solution to everything in this world. We all are blessed that the secret sound therapies to control anger is available to all of us due to ancient Indian practices to control anger.
Anger should never be projected to the loved and dear ones. It makes them lose hope and confidence, they slowly get shelved into inferiority complex, if you regularly get angry on them.
Anger is an emotion related to one’s psychological interpretation of feeling offended, wronged, or denied and a tendency to react through retaliation. People get angry when they sense that they or someone they care about has been offended. Anger may have physical impacts such as increased heart rate, blood pressure. There are both active and passive anger and both can cause harm to the person when either suppressed or shown. Suppressed anger can cause various psychological disorder and can even lead to depression.
Anger indicates the point when one’s basic boundaries are violated. Some have a learned tendency to react to anger through retaliation. Anger may be utilized effectively by setting boundaries or escaping from dangerous situations.
Anger is abnormal emotion that involves a strong uncomfortable and emotional response to a perceived provocation.
(This article became popular so to respond to user queries in our inbox, we have added few more regular methods to help you try out other ancient methods of controlling anger. Vedic mantras are below common methods).
- 1 Vedic Mantra to Control Anger
- 1.1 Anger Management Self Help
- 1.1.1 Anger Causes Loss to Life and Relationships
- 220.127.116.11 Anger Management Classes: Does it Help?
- 18.104.22.168 Anger Management Exercises: Breathing Method
- 22.214.171.124 Anger Management Exercises: Yoga
- 126.96.36.199 Anger Management Therapy – Quick Results
- 188.8.131.52 Anger Management Test: Self Guiding Tracker
- 1.1.2 Hindu Vedic Mantras to STay Calm
- 1.1.1 Anger Causes Loss to Life and Relationships
- 1.2 Vedic Mantra to Revoke Annoyance and Control Anger
- 1.3 Vishnu Mantra for Controlling Anger
- 1.4 Vedic Shanti Mantra to Overcome Anger and Become Cheerful
- 1.1 Anger Management Self Help
Vedic Mantra to Control Anger
Anger Management Self Help
Anger Causes Loss to Life and Relationships
Ignoring anger as a natural emotion is setting it up as a regular practice.
Survey conducted by Asia society showed results similar to other studies done in USA family department. Anger was top most reason for loss of job, divorce, wrong investment and physical assault. The alarming factor is more women showed traits of getting angry as compared to last surveys. It was attributed to boost dopamine for temporary pleasure by means of irregular sex, alcohol and drug abuse.
This is well known fact even without study, based on personal experience that becoming violent or saying nasty things borne out of anger can cause us to lose friends, family, self respect or even freedom if things get out of hand and crime is committed in an act of revengeful anger.
Anger Management Classes: Does it Help?
Survey also showed that attending anger management classes did not help people. Anger cannot be controlled unless it is done from within. Self help practice is beneficial. The method is to internalize the thought with daily exercises so that staying calm becomes a habit.
[ Read also Why Namaskar/Namaste is Better than Handshake ]
Yoga, drinking lots of water and breathing exercises help a lot in controlling anger.
Anger Management Exercises: Breathing Method
Anulom Vilom Controls Anger
Anulom Vilom is a 12000 years old practice practiced by Indians to stay calm and achieve impossible feats. Indian sages taught this to the world when they travelled across different countries.
How to do Anulom Vilom Pranayama for Controlling Anger
• Anulom Vilom Pranayama is very easy to do, first of all, close your eyes and sit in Padmasana and rest your hands on your knees.
• Close the right nostril with the right thumb. Inhale slowly through the left nostril, inhale the oxygen as much as you can, this will fill your lungs with air.
• Remove your thumb from your right nostril, as you remove your thumb from right nostril just exhale.
• When you exhale use your middle finger to close your left nostril then inhale with our right nostril and remove thumb from the right nostril then exhale. Repeat this process for 5 minutes.
• Be focused and concentrate on your breathing.
[ Read also How Hanuman Chalisa Controls Anxiety and Fear ]
Anger Management Exercises: Yoga
The simple yoga poses given here help a lot in controlling anger. Start with 5 minutes of practice and prolong it to 20 mins after 4 weeks.
Anger Management Therapy – Quick Results
If you want to avoid the losses of anger, it’s best to find a healthy outlet for anger – drink lots of water, chant Vedic mantras, exercise or Yoga. Sleep early by 9 pm and to have rest of at least 10 hours a day. After you feel you have controlled your anger to permissible extent, you can switch back to 8 hours of sleep regime. Wake up early do not change early sleeping pattern of 9 pm.
Anger Management Test: Self Guiding Tracker
You can test your progress after 1 month by facing the situation or circumstances that make you angry.
If you are not satisfied with the results then practice it more till you achieve desired results. Chanting Vedic mantras control anger while generating positive aura around your body circle.
Hindu Vedic Mantras to STay Calm
Shivputra Ganesh ji can bless the devotee to evict the anger from his mind. Below is the Vedic mantra from Ganesh ji to remove anger from the mind. Chant this mantra for at least 5 rosary beads (108 x 5 = 540 times) in a day for its effect to become visible soon.
ॐ गतक्रोधाय नमः
Om Gahtha-krōdhâyæ Namaha
Vedic Mantra to Revoke Annoyance and Control Anger
How Anger Backfired for a King
Chanting this mantra 108 times a day can reduce unnecessary anger which comes under influence from Kali (Kaliyug), this was blessed by (Kali) Kaliyuga to the King named Nal. The potent shloka is from Mahabharata. It can be used to get rid of (or to be immune to) the influence of Kali purusha (demon*).
*Unnecessary or frequent anger is one of the demonic qualities.
ककोटकस्य नागस्य दमयंतयााः नलस्य च ।
ऋतुपर्स्ा य राजशाःश कीतना ं कललनाशनं ॥
“Karkotakasya nagasya damayantya nalasya cha”
“Rtuparnasya rajarse kirttanam Kali nasanam”
The one who reads, hear the story of Nal and Damyanti which was recited by Naradamuni to The Pandavas, that person gets rid from all sins, anger and gains victory.
King Nisadh of Ayodhya had two sons Nal and Kuvara. Nal wanted to marry Damayanti, the beautiful daughter of king Bhima. Damayanti did not know him, so Nal sent his swan to her. The swan flew to Damayanti’s palace and finding her alone in the garden, sang praises of Nal. Meanwhile, King Bhima arranged for her swayamvara, where many princes gathered from whom Damayanti could chose her husband. Damayanti chose Nal and they got married.
When King Nishadh died, Nal became king. He conquered many other kingdoms and became famous. This made his brother Kuvara jealous. He knew gambling was Nal’s weakness. Kuvara challenged Nal to a game of dice in which Nal lost everything. Kuvara became the king and banished Nal from his kingdom. Nal went to the forest and Damayanti, who loved him very much followed him. As they walked in the forest, Damayanti injured her feet. Nal did not want the delicate Damayanti to go through hardships with him, so when she was sleeping he left her and went ahead. Further into the forest, he found a snake on the top of a tree that had caught fire from below. As he tried to bring it down, the snake bit him and Nal turned dark and developed a hunchback. Nal asked the snake, “Why did you bite me? I was trying to save your life.” The snake said, “I am your father Nisadh. The next twelve years will be full of difficulties for you. I changed your appearance to protect you from your enemies. Whenever you want to get back your original looks wear this ornament.”
[ Read also Sleep Paralysis/Demon Attacks Control Methods ]
Nal proceeded to another kingdom. Meanwhile, when Damayanti woke up she found a note from Nal asking her to go to her parents. As she moved ahead, she met a demon that threatened to eat her. Impressed with her fearlessness he came into his real form. He was actually a Devpurush, who told her that she would unite with her husband after twelve years. Damayanti proceeded to Achalpura kingdom where she became the queen’s maid. Nal went to the kingdom of Samsumara and became a servant of the king. Many years passed.
One day, King Bhima’s men found Damayanti in Achalpura and brought her back to her father. King Bhima tried to find Nal but failed, so he made a plan. He arranged the swayamvaar of Damayanti knowing that when Nal would know about the second marriage of his wife, he would certainly come to her. King Bhima was right. Nal came with his master, the king of Samsumara. A day before the swayamvara Damayanti saw the dark hunch back servant. She immediately recognised him. Nal also put on the ornament given by his father and regained his original looks. On the day of swayamvara she put the garland around Nal’s neck and they were united. The twelve-year period was also over. With the help of King Bhima’s army, Nal won his kingdom back and again became the king of Ayodhya.
[ Read also How Vegetarian Foods Control Anger ]
One day, a Rishi visited Nal’s palace and told him the reason why he had to undergo the twelve-year exile “in their previous birth also Nal and Damayanti were king and queen and in an anger they had thrown an innocent Rishi in prison. Their exile was a punishment for their karma of a previous birth.”
Eventually, Nal and Damayanti had a son Pushkar. After making him the king, they renounced the world in search of spiritual enlightenment, devoid of anger and shallow pride.
Vishnu Mantra for Controlling Anger
This is the mantra for anger control. This mantra is suitable for those who are unable to control their anger. Such people get angry at the slightest pretext and indulge in unreasonable actions which they later on regret. If you seriously want to control anger which is causing distress in your life, then this mantra can help you alot. The meaning of this mantra is I bow to Vishnu who is calm and silent. If you start getting angry then start reciting this mantra and meditate on Vishnu who symbolizes calmness.
ॐ शांताकराय नमः
Om Shantakaray Namah
Vedic Shanti Mantra to Overcome Anger and Become Cheerful
Chanting Shanti Mantra regularly will help you unlock long-term joy and control anger. Ancient scriptures and modern science both agree that happiness triggers neural pathways that attract more happiness.
You must know that altruism is the key to true peace.
We shall experience divine powers that permeate our being, that cures us of all maladies and grant us everlasting peace and bliss. The Shanti Mantra is a ray of hope and a magical panacea for all your problems in this stressful, fast-paced world.
Shanti Mantra invokes peace. When you chant this prayer for peace, it flushes out your negative thoughts. All your pent-up anger, frustration and hatred are released, and peace of mind restored.
How can this Shanti Mantra Help in Reducing Anger?
- This divine Mantra has special syllabus with rhythmic chanting that soothes your agitated mind.
- It helps you overcome anger, irritation, brain tumours, ulcers, hormonal imbalances and other bodily ills caused by your stressed-out daily life.
- This Mantra is key to the cure of all your physical and mental ills.
- Once you begin chanting this mantra regularly, you can feel your mind becoming calm and peaceful.
- You will feel rejuvenated. You concentration and workmanship skills are enhanced greatly.
- This Peace Mantra heals your spiritual self. It resolves inner conflicts and ensures lasting peace.
- It enables you to live in harmony with yourself and your surroundings.
Since you are filled with positivity, even utmost negative person cannot invoke sense of anxiety or nervousness in you. You make the entire world positive and cheerful place for you.
Guidelines in Chanting Peace Mantra to Control Anger:
- Understand and appreciate the pause after chanting “Shanti”. This silence is a virtue of the spiritually enlightened.
- Shanti or silence is very important. It alone bestows true peace on those who respect it.
- You should chant this verse at least 21 times a day, without fail.
- You should chant this Mantra just after waking up in the morning and just before going to bed.
- Keep your mind free of worries and troubles. Your posture should be straight.
- When you chant the Shanti Mantra with full concentration, the positive effects can be seen in your body, mind and soul.
- You should chant this Mantra every day. It will remove all the obstacles on your way to productivity and success.
- It can shield from negative forces on the physical, divine and internal plane. It can protect you from natural disasters, diseases, amnesia and other personal weaknesses.
It is always advised to control your anger and instead project that energy aggressively in doing good work, focusing on career and using aggression in terminating enemies of state who are danger for the society and Bharat (India).
Vedic Hindu Mantras to Quickly Control Anger (Fast result)
1. Imagine Shree Ram and then Chant 21 times जय श्री राम (Jai Shree Ram) to instantly remove anger from your thoughts.
2. To control anger emanating from sudden control of negative energies, aura and ghost influence (momentarily).
Chant 21 times ॐ हं हनुमते नम: (Om Ham Hanumate Namaha).
3. The fastest way to control your anger is by chanting the OM SHANTI mantra three times, inhaling exhaling focusing on your breaths. Do not utter the chant fast, be slow and soft.
ॐ शान्ति शान्ति शान्ति